Here are some of the classes, projects, and activities I've been involved in. You can take a look at my resume here
SudokuWith.Us - Collaborative Sudoku
- I created a site to play sudoku in real time with you friends. The site frontend was implemented in React. The backend is implemented in Python, with a Redis server to persist state. SocketIO is used to handle client-server communications. Give it a try with your friends, it's fun!
Select classes I've taken:
- 6.033: Computer Systems Engineering
- 6.828: Operating Systems
- 6.170: Software Studio
- 6.046: Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- 6.005: Elements of Software Construction
- 6.004: Computation Structures
- 6.813: User Interface Design and Implementation
- 6.036: Machine Learning
- 18.600: Probability and Random Variables
- 18.06: Linear Algebra
- 18.03: Differential Equations
- 6.042: Mathematics for Computer Science
CoCompose - Collaborative Music Composing
- Worked with a team of three other people to create this web app as a final project. Allows users to collaboratively edit music together in real-time using an alternative UI for composing.
- Used Node.js and MongoDB for backend
- Frontend implemented using a mix of Express/Handlebars for templating and HTML Canvas for the composing UI.
- Responsible for implementation of real-time collaboration logic (using Socket.io) and front-end composer UI
- Won the "Most Innovative" award
MIT Interactive Robotics Group
- Worked with the Optimus
mobile robotics patform using Python.
- Worked with ROS and LCM to facilitate communication between systems
- Extended MIT DARPA Robotics software with additional visualization tools using VTK
- Created teleop GUI using Qt
- A system proposal for optimizing network usage at MIT. Created with Advaith Anand and Jared Counts for our 6.033 final.
- Command line script to assist with downloading torrents with Coinado
21W.789 - Passel Android App
- Worked with a team of three other people to design, prototype, and test a mobile Android app, focused on location sharing.
- Conducted field studies to determine user needs, as well as UI tests with potential users
- Implemented client-side app with the Android SDK
- Implemented backend with Python Flask framework
MIT Autonomous Robotics Competition
- Worked with a team of four other people as software and electrical lead to design and build an autonomous robot over the course of a month. Competed against teams of other MIT students.
- Designed software for autonomous robot using C++ and OpenCV on the Intel Edison platform
- Designed electronics stack and circuitry used by robot
- Worked with multiple communication protocols including I2C and SPI.
MIT Space Systems Lab
- SPHERES Arm Team
- Worked with two other people to develop a testbed for experimenting with robotic arms on satellites. Worked with SPHERES
satellites. Watch a video of it in action
here. Read our report here.
- Wrote an arm-satellite system simulation in C++ to predict and visualize system dynamics
- Overhauled existing motor controller code
- Wrote C++ program to allow communication between SPHERES and Halo (running Linux) and arm
- Designed PCB to allow communication between USB and RS485
- Wrote Matlab program to visualize telemetry data from satellite experiments
- Designed mission patch for current lab project
- Created SolidWorks model of satellite shell to be used as promotional material for an upcoming major film
Mimicking Robotic Hand
- Worked with two other people during a hackathon to build a glove-controlled robotic hand, where the robotic hand would follow what the glove-wearer was doing. Watch a video of it in action
here. Click on the title for more details.
- Designed, built, and tested the circuit used in the project
- Wrote the Arduino code that took in analog input and mapped it to the required servo output
- Worked with team members to design and build both the glove and the hand mechanisms